Power of the Pen Contest Rules:
- Entrants must be between the ages of 12 and 18 and be a resident of Hamilton or a neighbouring city.
- One poem and/or short story per person may be submitted in both the English and French categories. Each entry requires a separate entry form.
- Short stories must not exceed 2,500 words in length. Poems may be any length.
- Entries should be typed, double-spaced and all pages numbered. Paper copies are required for mailed and hand-delivered submissions.
- Typed entries must double-spaced, with font Arial or Times New Roman and size 11 or 12 point.
- Do not put your name anywhere on your work. Your name must be on the entry form only.
- All works submitted must be original. If it is fanfiction, the work of inspiration must be clearly named.
- The decision of the judges is final.
- Judged submissions will be available for pick-up the evening of the awards ceremony or during the month of January at Central Library.
- All entries will be scanned to ensure originality. Plagiarism will result in automatic disqualification.