Last Revised: November 2019; previous revision May 2014
Provide open, secure and equitable access to library technology resources based on Hamilton Public Library values of Intellectual Freedom, Inclusiveness, Innovation, Respect and Accountability.
Key Points Summary
- This policy constitutes an agreement between Hamilton Public Library and individuals using the Library’s digital devices and services. Violation of any of these terms may result in the suspension of the individual’s library privileges and/or legal and financial actions against them.
- Hamilton Public Library provides open, secure and equitable access to technologies for everyone to promote its mission and in keeping with its core values and statements.
- Individuals are required to be respectful and consider other library customers when accessing or using any public or personal technology resources within the library.
- Library customers are responsible for any content they access online and for safe-guarding their information and privacy when using the library’s digital devices and services.
- Library customers assume full responsibility of their online activities and their use of digital devices and services including any damages that may directly or indirectly result from this use.
- Parents/adults are responsible for the children in their care and their use of digital devices and services including damage, loss and restricting access to materials and online.
Digital devices: are electronic devices provided by the Hamilton Public Library for use by library customers, such as laptops, tablets, computers, printers, projectors, Makerspace equipment, musical instruments, cameras, coding robots, digital games/toys, self-checks, sorters, etc.
Digital services: are electronic services provided by the Hamilton Public Library for use by library customers, such as high-speed Internet, wireless access, software, printing, music-mixing, photography and video, 3D printing, embroidery, computer training, etc.
Technology resources: is the collection of digital devices and digital services resources provided by Hamilton Public Library to advance digital literacy and achieve its mission, “Freedom to Discover”.
Library customers: are individuals who are with or without an active library card and use the library and its services at a physical library location, a bookmobile, online, or at external outreach locations.
Digital literacy: refers to the set of skills, knowledge and attitudes required by people to operate and utilize digital devices and information, so they can fully participate and thrive in society today.
The policy applies to all library customers who may or may not have an active library card and are using technology resources at a physical library location, a bookmobile, online, or at external outreach locations.