The Teen Review Board (TRB) is a virtual volunteer opportunity where teens can submit thoughtful reviews of books, movies, graphic novels, or videogames to promote the Hamilton Public Library’s collection to other teens.
While the TRB opportunity is virtual, volunteers are invited to attend Teen Advisory Group (TAG) meetings and share with the group what they are reviewing or get ideas from other members of TAG. Extra volunteer hours are earned for attending meetings outside of virtual reviewing.
• Interest in library collections
• Ability to communicate well with others
• Strong writing skills
• Read, watch or listen to an item in the library’s collection
• Write a meaningful and concise review (100-200 words)
• Earn volunteer hours (1 hour per review)
• Promote books, movies and games you love and enjoy
• Have your voice heard in the library
• Improve your writing skills
Apply online or download the application form.